Below you will find the feature and improvements, listed in our Monthly Partner Newsletter, over the last 6-months. Please reach out with any questions, and visit our feature changelog to review all updates.
If you would like to sign up for our newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provider Eligibility Fix: There was an update to the Provider Eligibility tab, where a provider will not show up on the eligibility tab if they are not currently on the tutor.csv.
- Pick a [Course] Copy Update: The first screen when students go to book an appointment or search for Drop-in hours used to read, "Which [course] do you want help with?". The word course is specific to your community and could be topic, coach, class, subject, etc. We have now updated this text to read "Select your [course]". This update should help programs that are not only using Penji for tutoring but also for advising, coaching, etc. If you would like to update your verbiage for [course], please email email@example.com.
- Accessibility Design Update: You may have noticed that there have been a few updates to the button and text colors on web.penjiapp.com and on the mobile app. Over the next couple of weeks, we are rolling out color adjustments to have more contrast in order to improve our accessibility standards.
- Calendar Conflict Check - Google Calendar Integration: Providers can connect their Google Calendar to Penji. This works similarly to the Outlook integration, described in last month's newsletter. With this integration, Penji will check Providers' available times shown to students against their connected Google Calendar. Any events from their Google Calendar that conflict with their Penji Calendar availability will be removed from the available time slots shown to students. We hope this will limit the need for Providers to frequently change their availability within Penji. How Providers can set this up is explained in the help center article, Connecting Your Google Calendar.
- Student Metadata Import shown in student profiles: Either uploaded manually or through an IT integration, Student Metadata is now visible in the Students tab under each student profile. This is our first release to incorporate Student Metadata within Penji, and we plan on incorporating it elsewhere for easy reporting. How to manually upload Student Metadata, and examples of where it is shown can be found in the help center article, Student-Metadata.
- Direct Share links to a community: These will link a user directly to your community in Penji. If they aren't signed in they'll be asked to log in through SSO and will then go straight to your community. If the user is already signed in, they will go directly to your community. Overall, this is to help reduce the number of clicks it takes for a student to find and access your community. SSO must be set up for share links.
- Penji Weekly is now Monthly: Check out this month's recording where we go over new features and our feature roadmap, PW Recording.
July & August 2022
- Edit Student and Provider Feedback from the Admin Panel: This allows you to edit, add, rearrange or make required both student and provider feedback questions from the admin panel. These feedback questions appear after a session. Examples of this update can be found in the help center article, Editing Feedback Questions, under the features "Provider Session Feedback (Admin Panel)" and "Student Session Feedback (Admin Panel) ".
- Limited Admin Access: This is the first version of different Penji "Roles". The next version will allow for more customization in what different admin users can see and do. With this first version, Limited Admin will be able to log in to the admin website and will have access to the Students and Sessions Tab. More information on what specifically this user can see and do can be found in the help center article, Admins: Limited Admin Access. To enable the Limited Admin Role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Calendar Conflict Check - Outlook: Providers can connect their Outlook Calendar to Penji. With this integration, Penji will check Providers' available times shown to students against their Outlook Calendar. Any events from their Outlook Calendar that conflict with their Penji Calendar availability will be removed from the available time slots shown to students. We hope this will limit the need for Providers to frequently change their availability within Penji. The next piece of this feature is to add an integration for Google Calendars. How Providers will integrate their Outlook Calendar is explained in the help center article, Connecting Your Outlook Calendar.
- Section Cancellations and Confirmations: We have updated our cancellation and confirmation emails for sections. The help center article, Setting up Sections, under the header "Editing the CSV" walks through the different situations when these emails appear.
- Section Waitlist: We have added a Section Waitlist feature for admin-managed sections. Admins can add a waitlist to each individual section. Once a Section's waitlist has been enabled, students who want to join a Section at full capacity have the option to join its waitlist instead. This feature allows students to see all potential Sections within a community, regardless of current capacity. The full feature is described within the help center article, Sections Waitlist.
- Lead Time: The Lead Time Feature can now be edited from the Admin Panel (Settings > Sessions > Student Session Booking Lead Time Roles).
- Edit the date and time of a session: This allows you to change the date and time of scheduled sessions, you cannot reschedule a session with any other status (canceled, pending, or completed). Right now, you cannot reschedule weekly reoccurring sessions - this is on our Penji Roadmap, and we hope to release this feature soon! For group sessions, rescheduling will reschedule the session for all other group members. Providers and Students will get notified when the date, time, or both are changed by an admin through an email containing the updated calendar event. Examples of this update can be found in the help center article Editing Session Details.
- Drop-In Email Receipts: The default for this setting is Student Drop-In email receipts Enabled, Provider Drop-In email receipts Disabled, and Share Provider feedback in Drop-In email receipts Disabled. These are the same default settings as with session receipts and can be controlled through your admin settings. More information on this feature is available in the Help Center article, Drop-In Settings.
- Organized Settings: The admin settings tab is now broken down into three parts: General, Sessions, and Drop-In. A full list of settings and details of the settings can be found in our Help Center. Some settings will be controlled by Penji and some will be controlled through the Admin Panel. If you would like to change/update a Penji-controlled setting, please email email@example.com to update the setting. Please include what school and community you would like this to apply to. For reference: Appointment Settings, Section Settings, and drop-In Settings.
- Data Dashboard Visits Table: The visits table now includes student SSO and Email.
- Provider Unavailable Times: Provider Unavailable Times is live! Now, you can block off a certain timeframe for a specific provider. For more information on how this affects sections, weekly reoccurring appointments, etc. please review the bottom of this article, How to Set-Up Providers.