What is Penji?
Hello! Welcome to Penji. Penji is a scheduling platform for a variety of support resources on campus, most often tutoring and coaching, but in many cases advising as well. These different "centers" on campus can be engaged with separately through Penji, allowing you to schedule appointments, attend drop-in hours or group sessions, etc.
As a quick primer:
Penji can be accessed three ways, both the web browser and app are equivalent in features:
- For Browser: web.penjiapp.com
- Our mobile app (Android or iOS)
- School-specific Share Links
- Login usually occurs via your school's single signon (SSO) system.
- Most schools have single signon setup with Penji; when you attempt to login, you'll input your school email, we'll recognize the email domain, and launch the signin process you use elsewhere on campus. See the below video for an example.
- You will not have to verify your email if you login through SSO (you login by entering school-specific credentials)
- You'll be let into your "School" within Penji, where you'll find one or more communities (usually corresponding to different support centers on campus).
- Each community has a unique set of resources, falling under the umbrellas of Appointments, Drop-in, or Sections (groups). See the below articles for more information:
How to Login
- Access Penji through web.penjiapp.com (for browsers), our mobile app (Android or iOS), or school-specific Share Links. Select "Get Started" if through the website or mobile app.
- Go through the onboarding steps including:
- Select that you would like to "Learn" when given a choice between "Learn" and "Teach"
- Select which community you would like to join
- Verify your email
- Note: The below video does not utilize SSO, if your school uses SSO (you login by entering school-specific credentials), you will need to input your credentials. Also, if your school uses SSO, you will not have to verify your email. .
- SKIP if using SSO: Once you verify your email log back into Penji, this can be done the same as step
- Set up your profile by selecting your name in the upper right-hand corner > view profile > edit your profile.
If you have any issues with this step (or anything else within Penji!), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can re-access Penji through web.penjiapp.com (for browsers), the mobile app (Android or iOS), or school-specific Share Links. To login again, select the link below the "Get started" button, "Already used Penji before? Sign back in.". From there, you will either enter your email and password or you may use single signon (SSO). After logging in, you will be directed to your Penji home screen, typically labeled "Learn". Check out the following article for more information on the "Learn" screen: "Learn" Screen Explained.
Student Home Screen
Once you've logged in, you'll find a screen that looks something like this:
The top title, "AARC Tutoring", corresponds to the community you are currently in and viewing. The options on this learn screen (three buttons in the middle: "Schedule an appointment", "Join section: and "View drop-in tutoring") are this community's support options. These options change based on what options are available within your community. See How to Book a Provider, for further articles on using Penji.
You'll see other communities in the bottom left (eg. "Switch to The Writing Center"), tapping this will take you to the new community, which will likely have different options of support available. Please note that the options within Penji will likely not represent all student support available on your campus - but we're working on it!
The additional left sidebar menu items are different screens you can view in Penji. The "Help" and "Settings" options are explained in the following article Help and Settings Screen, and information on the "Teach" screen can be found within the article Providers Introduction (Tutors, Advisors, etc.).
How to Book a Provider
Explore the buttons available on your home screen to access the different modes of Penji. The below articles further explain how to use Penji in more detail.