Hello! Welcome to Penji. Through Penji, Providers (like you!) can manage their scheduled interactions with students, including appointments, drop-in hours, group sessions, and more.
We use Provider as the generic name for tutors, coaches, mentors, advisors, and counselors. The same rules apply for everyone. In this article, we'll go through login, authorization, and basic use cases.
- Penji can be accessed three ways, both the web browser and app are equivalent in features:
- For Browser: web.penjiapp.com
- Our mobile app (Android or iOS)
- School-specific Share Links
- An admin from your program must add you as a provider and authorize you for certain Courses/Topics. You can only be booked for courses/topics that you are approved in.
- You'll be a provider for one or more "communities" (centers). Your home screen is usually labeled "Teach".
- NOTE: If you can't access this screen, it means your admin hasn't added you as a provider yet. Follow up with them.
- KEY setup items include
- Once your account is set up, you are ready to:
- Receive appointments
- Check-in to drop-in shifts
- Manage group sessions
- You'll be required to log student attendance after appointments and group sessions. For some communities, there are additional feedback questions providers have to answer.
- Useful articles in the Student Section of our Help Center for Providers:
Login - First Time
- Access Penji through web.penjiapp.com (for browsers), our mobile app (Android or iOS), or school-specific Share Links. Select "Get Started" if through the website or mobile app.
- Go through the onboarding steps including:
- Select that you would like to "Teach" when given a choice between "Learn" and "Teach"
- Select which community you would like to join
- Verify your email
- Note: If your school uses SSO (you login by entering school-specific credentials) you will not have to verify your email.
- SKIP if using SSO: Once you verify your email log back into Penji, this can be done the same as step
- If you are not already on the Teach Screen, Navigate there on the left-hand side of your screen
- Click through the 3 screens on the Teach Screen initially, and when prompted fill in your Zoom information (This is shown below in the header: Signing up to Teach).
- If for some reason you are not prompted to fill in your Zoom information see the following article: Providers: Setting up Zoom in Penji.
- Set up your profile by selecting your name in the upper right-hand corner > view profile > edit your profile
If you have any issues with this step (or anything else within Penji!), please email email@example.com.
Signing up to Teach
After you login and navigate to the teach screen, you will need to review 3 pages before you can start using the teach screen.
After reviewing those three screens, the teach screen may or may not be ready for use. In some cases, an admin has already pre-approved providers, before they have made their account. In that case, the teach screen will be ready to go and you will see something like the below image, depending on what modes of tutoring are available within your community.
You will not be allowed to enter your appointment or drop-in availability until you fill in your Zoom details. More information on setting up Zoom can be found within Providers: Setting up Zoom in Penji, and information on setting up hours can be found within Providers: Setting Up Hours.
If the above image is not shown on your screen, please request access to teach or reach out to your program coordinator. You will see the below image if you have not been approved to teach yet. The "Apply to Become a Tutor" link should direct you to the contact information for your tutoring center.
You can re-access Penji through web.penjiapp.com (for browsers), the mobile app (Android or iOS), or school-specific Share Links. To login again, select the link below the "Get started" button, "Already used Penji before? Sign back in.". From there, you will either enter your email and password or you may use single signon (SSO).