Some settings will be controlled by Penji and some will be controlled through the Admin Panel. If you would like to change/update a Penji-controlled setting, please email email@example.com to update the setting. Please include what school and community you would like this to apply to.
Community-Wording (Penji Controlled)
Within Penji, we have generic terms that can be customized to best fit your community's needs. For schools with multiple communities, these changes are specific o the individual community. Ultimately, what you decide to call different words in your community should be indicative and useful to your users.
- Change the "Learn" and "Teach" screen button names on web.penjiapp.com - What you label the "Learn" screen should indicate where students will get help. What you label the "Teach" screen should indicate where providers will manage their sessions and hours.
- Change "Tutoring" - this should be what type of resource you are providing. For example, mentoring, coaching, advising, program navigation, etc.
- Change "Tutor" - who are your providers? Are the coaches, program staff, peer leads, advisors, etc.
- Change "Class" - what are students booking help with? This could be changed to course, topic, general study, etc.
- Change "Materials" - this relates to our "Checkbox" topic screen question. We can rename what this question refers to. The word "Materials" will pop up when the question is required, and the user did not fill it out. See the below screenshot.
Unavailable times (Admin Panel)
Use this to close the center for holidays, breaks, or other reasons. Students won't be able to book appointments, join Sections, or attend drop-in hours. For recurring sessions that land on an unavailable date, the system will skip that event and schedule the next one.
In the above example, the community is closed from Dec 19 2021 through Jan 3 2022 until 8 AM. Meaning, students will be able to book appointments and attend drop-in hours after 8 AM on January 3rd.
Note, if a session has already been scheduled, unavailable times will not cancel an existing session. You will want to cancel those manually.
Student eligibility (Admin Panel)
"Everyone" means anyone that has access to your school (ie. anyone with an @yourcollege.edu email) will also see your community. "Use List" means you must upload a list of students in the Students -> Manage tab who will see your community (useful for private communities like athletics, TRIO-SSS, etc.).
Note, any tutors uploaded through the CSV file import will also be included as eligible users within the "Use List" setting.
Learn screen buttons (Admin Panel)
Here you have the ability to edit the custom learn screen buttons shown to students. Within this setting you can:
- Add new custom buttons
- Edit current buttons (the label and the URL)
- Delete custom buttons
- Rearrange custom buttons
- Either above or below the available modes of support
- Reorder the custom buttons within themselves
Admin Users (Admin Panel)
Anyone who has admin access can add or remove admin users. When you add a new Penji Account as an admin, the new user will get an email with a link to create their Penji account and accept admin access. That email will be shown under the "Invites" header, shown above, until they have accepted their invitation.
If the new admin already has a Penji Account, all they need to do is log in to https://admin.penjiapp.com/ with the same Penji credentials as from http://web.penjiapp.com. Every Penji user has the same account but is given different "roles". Penji has four roles: Admin, Limited Admin, Student, and Provider.
Limited Admin Access
(to enable: Penji Controlled & specific access rights: Admin Panel)
You have the ability to determine different access levels for admins. If turned on within your community, you will be able to select between "Full Access" and "Limited Access" for the admin that you add. More information on limited admin access can be found in the article, Admins: Limited Admin Access.
Anyone who has full admin access can add, remove and select the access level for admin users. Note, if this setting is not enabled within your community, any admin added will have full admin access by default. Further, any admin added before you enabled this setting will default to full admin access.
Community FAQ Link (Penji Controlled)
This is typically your program website and can be linked to when a user navigates to Help > FAQ & Information.
Disable "Edit your classes" button from students' "Pick a Class" screen (Penji Controlled)
Disabling the "Edit your classes" button removes it from students' view, preventing them from editing the list of prepopulated courses they can select to receive support for. Disabling this button is especially useful for centers that only want students to book support for the classes they are enrolled in (i.e., the Course Enrollment CSV is uploaded, or the Course Enrollments data integration is enabled).
The "Edit your classes" button is highlighted in the screenshot below.