The Check-Ins tab in your admin panel shows data for each drop-in student-provider interaction for Log and Queue mode. There are two tabs: Search and Manage. This data can be exported into a CSV file through the Manage tab.
Within Check-Ins > Search, you'll see a table. All rows in this table correspond to a Drop-In interaction between a single student and provider.
When viewing this table, not all columns will fit on your screen, so you will need to scroll to the right to see all of the information. When you export the check-in detail into a CSV, more columns and information will be available compared to what you see on the search tab. Below are a few of the columns explained:
- Log mode status
- Check-In: In Log mode, there is one status to represent that a student has checked in. This status will appear once a student has checked in using the kiosk.
- Queue mode statuses
- Waiting: When a student checks into the Queue and is waiting for a provider to select them from the Queue, the status will be waiting
- In Progress: Once a provider has started working with the student, tapped "Start Tutoring", and has selected them out of the Queue the status will be in progress
- Completed: After the provider has ended the drop-in session, tapped "End Session", the interaction will be recorded as complete
- Canceled: If a student decides to leave the Queue or was removed, the drop-in interaction will be recorded as canceled
- Log mode status
- Course/Resource is what the student has come to the center for. Resources can be set within the drop-in location CSV file, and are available regardless of provider hours.
- Resources are only used in Log mode
- Requested Provider shows what provider the student requested to work with. If you would like students to be able to request a specific provider when they use Drop-In Queue mode, contact email@example.com
- This feature is demonstrated in the article Admins: Drop-In Settings, under the header, "Turn on specific Provider (Penji Controlled)"
Editing Check-In Details
Some Check-In data fields are editable. More information on this can be found in the article Admins: Drop-In Flow, under the header, "Editing Check-In Details".
Drop-in Kiosk Guest and Check-In Matching
A check-in that occurs via your drop-in Kiosk will be considered "guest check-ins". We collect email or student ID and log that as the student information. If the Student Data Integration is enabled, Penji will try to connect the Kiosk check-in information to a student Penji account. This happens automatically. We can also turn a "warning" on. The warning is discussed in the article Admins: Drop-In Settings, under the header, "Turn on the check-in warning (Penji Controlled)".
If the system cannot connect the check-in information to a Penji account, the student information used to check in will be shown under the "Student" column vs. their name. This is demonstrated below. The system was able to match Talia's email to their Penji account and could not match Leah's.
The Student Data Integration is described in the article, IT Integrations.
Within Check-Ins > Manage, you have the ability to export the check_in.csv.
The check_in.csv has several columns and is a complete list of all check-in details. With the check_ins.csv, you have the ability to organize, analyze and present the data in a useful manner for your reporting. For more ways to use the check_ins.csv, review the article Admins: Excel Template Reports.
Above is a screenshot of the check-in export CSV