Tutor calendar editing is done from your Teach screen. You'll add separate calendars for appointment hours, sections, and for each drop-in room. Most section (group) hours will be assigned by program admins.
Note: Some centers give specific hours to their providers, either sending these hours to you over email to input into Penji or editing your calendars directly from their admin panel. Some programs, however, allow providers to input their own availability. If hours are assigned to you and your admin inputs them, you do not need to set up your calendar within Penji!
You'll input hours for your weekly availability where you'll accept appointments. Some key items:
- Your availability is automatically copied over to future weeks until you change it.
- For example, if you have on your calendar availability on Monday 6-7PM, that availability will continue for future Mondays.
- There is no maximum on the number of hours you can say you are available. However, some centers have maximum hours a tutor can be booked for.
- Availability is edited from your Teach screen (see below).
- Some centers will assign you hours, while others allow you to pick your own hours.
- Reach out to your program coordinator if you need to request a schedule change and your center does not allow for tutor calendar editing
- You can set certain hours for certain locations (eg. Thursday, 6-9pm, Zoom only)
- This is for both Appointments and Drop-Ins!
- For sections, you will select a specific location for each section meeting
- Appointment, section, and drop-in availability will all need to be entered separately.
Appointments - Editing your Penji Calendar
"Edit Appointment Availability" allows editing of times you'll accept appointment requests at. With this calendar, you can enter in specific hours at certain locations (if this option doesn't appear, your community doesn't have this setting turned on). All of your appointment availability will be shown here. For Drop-Ins, each location has a separate calendar.
Initial Appointment Hours Set-Up:
- Select "Edit Appointment Availability", or whichever home screen button that refers to appointments.
- Select a block of time within the calendar for the weekday(s) you are available for.
- Fill out your availability details and save.
- Location type "Any" means that you are available to teach at any location. (Below Left Image)
- If you would like to specify a certain location, select "Specific" for location type and select your available locations. (Below Right Image)
Edit Appointment Hours:
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 from "Initial Appointment Hours Setup" above
- Add any new hours and repeat step 3 above.
- You can edit or remove a block of time on your calendar by clicking into the block on your calendar. Remember to save any edits you make! Selecting "Remove Time" will automatically save and refresh your calendar.
Outlook and Google Calendar Conflict Checking:
- With the Outlook and Google Calendar integration, you can connect either Calendar to Penji. This lets Penji check your available times from your Outlook or Google Calendar, compare it to the available time slots in your Penji Calendar, and remove any conflicting times from your availability. If you'd like to connect your Outlook or Google Calendar, please follow the appropriate "First Time" steps in this article: Providers: Connecting Your Calendar (Outlook, Google Calendar).
- NOTE: The Outlook and Google Calendar Conflict Checking feature is currently only available for Appointments, NOT Drop-ins or Sections.
Drop-Ins - Editing your Calendar
"View Drop-in Rooms" is followed by a button titled "Edit Your Hours". You'll add calendar availability for each drop-in room one by one.
Initial Drop-In Hours Set-Up:
- Select "View drop-in rooms", or whichever home screen button that refers to Drop-In hours
- Select "Edit your hours"
3. Select the location you would like to add hours for
4. Select blocks of time on the calendar and click "Submit" in the upper right-hand corner
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for EACH drop-in location you would like to be available for
6. Once you are done adding hours, you will see each location you have hours for like the below image. You can get to this screen from the Teach Screen > Select "View drop-in rooms", as described in step 1.
Edit Drop-In Hours:
- To edit your drop-in availability, repeat steps 1-3 within "Initial Drop-In Hours Setup".
- To add completely new blocks of time, complete step 4 above.
- To edit or remove current blocks of time, click on the block on your calendar, and select edit or remove. If you select edit, change the block of time and select "Done". This is shown in the Below Left Image. After you have removed or edited a block of time select "Submit" in the upper right-hand corner, as shown within step 4 above.
Sections - Editing your Calendar
If your community is using Provider organized sections, follow the instructions in Providers: Sections (Groups) Training, under the header, "Provider Organized Sections - Creating/Editing" for how these work.
If your sections are organized by your program coordinator (admin) there are no hours for you to set, as these are pre-assigned. Pre-assigned sections will show up on your Penji "Teach" screen.