Steps to Book an Appointment
Appointments are usually 1-on-1 interactions scheduled between yourself and a Provider (tutor, coach, etc.). This is the general flow for booking that you'll find:
- Tap "Schedule an appointment" on the home screen.
- Select a course.
- Pick a time - times from all providers for the selected course will be shown.
- NOTE: You can't currently filter these times to a specific provider, although that feature is coming soon. To find a provider, you'll have to pick a time and see if your desired provider is available on the next screen.
- Pick a tutor - multiple providers will be shown if available for that time and course. Tap each provider to see their detailed profile and select one to move forward.
- You can chat with providers at this step if you want to ask them questions first.
- Pick a location - the locations displayed depend on what location availability the provider has set for your selected time slot. A different time/provider may have different location options available. Different communities also have different sets of locations.
- Topic - follow the instructions for entering this information.
- Confirm session request.
- The status of the session will either be Pending, Scheduled, or Declined. See the below section "Appointment Statuses" for an explanation of each status. Note that if the status is Pending, the tutor has the opportunity to either confirm or deny the appointment.
- If auto-accept is on, the appointment will be confirmed right away and you will receive the calendar invite.
- If auto-accept is off, you will receive the calendar invite once the tutor confirms the appointment.
- Meet the tutor at the time and location listed in Session Details.
The Pending status will be shown when a student has requested to meet with a provider and the provider still has to accept the appointment. Your appointment is not scheduled until the tutor accepts the appointment and "Pending" is no longer shown. If it is close to the appointment time and the provider has not confirmed the appointment yet, we suggest chatting with the provider through Penji or reaching out to your program coordinator.
NOTE: Some centers have "auto confirm" set up, so the Pending stage is skipped in the appointment flow. With "auto-confirm," once a student requests an appointment with a provider, the appointment is automatically scheduled.
Once the provider has confirmed the appointment, the Pending status will be removed and the details of the session (Date and Time) will be shown. Your appointment is now fully scheduled.
You will receive 2 emails once the provider accepts the appointment: an email stating that the tutor has accepted the appointment, and another email containing the appointment details and a calendar invite.
Providers have the ability to decline appointments they are invited to teach in. Declined appointments will not affect your session usage limits. You are also not expected to join a declined appointment. Although you will not be notified via email of a declined session, it will be visible on your Learn Screen.
When you click into a declined session, no session details will be shown.
How to Cancel a Session
NOTE: Canceling a weekly appointment will cancel all future weekly appointments as well.
How to Cancel:
- Click into the session you would like to cancel.
- Select the three dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select "Cancel Session".
4. Explain why you are canceling the session.
5. You will receive a notification ("Your session has been cancelled") and email (shown below) from Penji once your session is officially cancelled. The calendar invite will also be removed.
Above is an example of a cancellation email.