Steps to Book an Appointment
Appointments are usually 1-on-1 interactions scheduled between yourself and a Provider (tutor, coach, etc.). This is the general flow for booking that you'll find:
- Tap "Schedule an appointment" on the home screen
- Select a course
- Pick a time - times from all providers for the selected course are shown
- NOTE: You can't currently filter these times to a specific provider, although that feature is coming soon. To find a provider, you'll have to pick a time and see if your desired provider is available on the next screen.
- Pick a tutor - multiple providers will be shown if available for that time and course. Tap each to see their detailed profile and select one to move forward.
- You can chat with providers at this step if you want to ask them questions first.
- Pick a location - the locations displayed depend on what location availability the provider has set for that given hour chunk. A different time/provider may have different location options available. Different communities also have different sets of locations.
- Topic - follow the instructions for entering this data.
- Confirm session request
- The status of the session will either Pending, Scheduled, or Declined. See below for an explanation of what each status means. Note, if the status is pending, the tutor has the opportunity to either confirm or deny the appointment.
- If auto-accept is on, the appointment will be confirmed right away and you will receive the calendar invite.
- If auto-accept is off, once the tutor confirms the appointment you will receive the calendar invite.
- Meet the tutor at the time and location listed in Session Details.
The pending status will be shown when a student has requested to meet with a provider, and the provider still has to accept the appointment. Your appointment is not scheduled until the tutor accepts the appointment and the pending status is no longer shown. If it is close to the time of the appointment, and the provider has still not confirmed the appointment, we suggest chatting with the provider through Penji or reaching out to your coordinator.
NOTE: Some centers have "auto confirm" set up, so the pending stage is skipped in the appointment flow. With "auto-confirm" once a student requests an appointment with a provider, these are automatically scheduled.
Once the provider has confirmed the appointment, the pending status will be removed and the details of the session (Date and Time) will be shown. Your appointment is fully scheduled.
You will receive two emails once the provider accepts the appointment: an email stating that the tutor has accepted the appointment and an email with the details of the appointment, including a calendar invite.
Providers have the ability to decline appointments they are invited to teach in. Declined appointments will not affect your session usage limits, and you are not expected to join a declined appointment. You will not be notified via email of a declined session, however, it will be visible on your Penji learn screen.
When you click into a declined session, no session details will be shown.
How to Cancel a Session
NOTE: Canceling a weekly appointment will cancel all future weekly appointments as well.
How to Cancel:
- Click into the session you would like to cancel
- Select the three dots in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Cancel Session
4. Explain why you are cancelling the session
5. You will receive a Penji notification, "Your session has been cancelled" and email (shown below) once officially cancelled. The calendar invite will be removed.
Shown above, an example of a cancellation email