Appointments are scheduled interactions between yourself and a student. Some basics:
- Appointments are usually 1-on-1 interactions
- Students or admins can create appointments (not Providers)
- You'll manage your availability within Penji. A walkthrough on how to create and edit hours can be found here: Providers: Setting Up & Editing Hours
- Appointments appear on your "Teach" screen; tap an appointment for more info
- You are responsible for logging sessions (student attendance, duration, comments)
- Information on the student flow for appointments can be found in the following article: Appointments Introduction
How an Appointment Works
Student Request Flow
Understanding how a student books an appointment is important. Here is a general description:
- Students select the mode of support they desire (appointments, drop-in, groups) then their course;
- Penji will then look up all certified providers for that course (ie. you), merge their availability into a single calendar, and allow students to choose a time.
- With a time selected, students see the available providers at that time (could be multiple), view provider profiles, and pick one.
- Students then choose a location; this list of options is affected by your choices when scheduling your availability at that time.
- Students input a topic, then confirm their requests.
More information can be found at Students: Appointments Introduction
You'll be notified of new requests via the mobile app and email. You will then need to:
- Accept/Decline the session
- Some centers have configured auto-accept, so requested sessions will show up as confirmed vs. pending. With auto-accept enabled, there is no extra work on the provider
- Pending sessions are shown above confirmed appointments, with an action required
- Click into the pending session and select "Accept This Request" or "Decline This Request". You have the ability to chat with the student within the session details
- Once the session is confirmed, chat with the student if you want to ask any pre-session questions
- The session will appear on your Teach screen, where you can view session details and access chat.
- Meet at the time/place shown in Session Details;
- If a virtual session, the link is embedded in the session in Penji.
- Complete the session feedback/attendance log. This can be accessed from the sessions detail. See below "Logging the Session" for more information.
- Note: Marking students as Absent (Selecting "No one showed up") may incur suspensions for students, so make sure you really mean it!
Notifications are sent throughout this process via both push notification and email. We recommend all providers get the mobile app to stay on top of their interactions.
Logging the Session
After meeting with the student, you are required to log the session. There is a button on the Session Details page labeled Check-In students. Open that and complete the required info. This can be completed quickly, and in many programs is required in order to use Penji further, so get in the habit of doing it after appointments. When it is required, until you fill out the feedback/attendance log for the completed appointments, you will not be able to do anything else within the app/web browser.
- Access the Session Details page and select "Check-in Students"
- Select who attended the session or "No one showed up" then select "End Session"
- Add or subtract time, by clicking -10, -5, +5 or +10, to accurately record the duration of the session
- Answer any feedback questions and click submit
How to Cancel a Session
- Click into the session you would like to cancel
- Select the three dots in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Cancel Session
4. Explain why you are canceling the session
5. You will receive a notification, "Your session has been canceled" once officially canceled.