Sections Overview (Groups)
The Penji Sections model is for group sessions. Different centers have different names and designs of these groups. Common examples are:
- Supplemental Instruction
- Study Groups
- One-time Workshops and Test Reviews
Below is an example of the Section Button on the Learn Screen:
Joining a Section
Regardless, a button on your home screen may exist corresponding to a group session type. Registering is very similar to appointments: Appointments Introduction. Your path would be to select the Section Button on the Learn Screen > Pick a Class > Select an available Section > Join Session.
Sections may or may not have a specified end period. If they do, these sections will repeat weekly until the end date. If there is an end date, the end date will be shown when booking a section (see the highlighted information below). Please note that there are separate No-Show rules for Section attendance, so keep this in mind when registering!
If your program coordinator has enabled waitlists for Sections, if a Section you want to join is at full capacity, you might see the option to join a waitlist.
Joining a Waitlist
- Log into web.penjiapp.com and go through the Sections booking flow to find your desired Section.
- If your desired Section has no more open seats, you will find it under the heading "Sections with a Waitlist".
- To join your desired Section's waitlist, select the Section and click "Join Waitlist". Figure 1: The desired Section, situated under "Sections with a Waitlist", has been selected and "Join Waitlist" appears.
- Once you click "Join Waitlist," you'll automatically be taken back to the Learn Screen. From here, there is no action to take on your end as the student -- admins will be in charge of monitoring the Section's remaining capacity.
- NOTE: Currently, as a student, you will not be notified via email or push notifications when you join a waitlist. A session placeholder card will not be added to the Learn Screen for the Section you join.
- If you join a waitlist for an optional Section, you will be joining the current week's Section -- you cannot join a waitlist for a future Section.
Getting Added to a Section from the Waitlist
Admins are in charge of adding waitlisted students to their desired Sections if seats open up. Once an admin adds you to your desired Section, you will receive a Section registration email, the same one you'd receive if you registered for an available Section without a waitlist.
Leaving a Waitlist
If you want to remove yourself from a waitlist:
- Go back into the Sections booking flow and navigate to the "Sections" page. There, you'll see the Section you waitlisted for under the heading "Sections for which you are on the waitlist".
- Select the Section; an option to "Leave Waitlist" will appear.
Figure 1: The desired Section under "Sections for which you are on the waitlist" is selected. "Leave Waitlist" has appeared.
- Select "Leave Waitlist". This will take you back to the Learn Screen. As with joining a waitlist, you will not receive any email or mobile notifications about leaving the waitlist, nor will any session details card appear or disappear from your Learn Screen for this full-capacity Section.
Please sign in to leave a comment.