Sections is Penji's groups model, used for Test Reviews, Workshops, Study Groups, etc. Your center will us it for it's own purposes.
The basics are:
- Admins upload a "Section", given a location, date/time, course, and lead provider (you!)
- This will show up on your Teach screen. Tap for Session Details.
- As students join this group event, they will show up under Attendees
- Meet your students for the session; during/after, log attendance (just like for an appointment, but with more attendees)
Attendance Logging for Sections
A Section works very much like an appointment from the provider perspective, so read here for that intro. The difference, however, comes from attendance logging.
This time, when you hit "Check-In Students", you'll see many students. For a 5-person study group, this isn't so hard. But in some cases, admins will upload "Rosters" of 100+ students to your section - these are the possible attendees of your group event, and pre-populate your attendance log. This ensures that anyone who shows up will be a simple tap for you to log, BUT it makes the list quite long.
Advice for logging attendance in large-group sessions with a roster
- The list of students is alphabetized, helping a bit
- Students who've RSVP'ed (joined) the session from their Penji account will rise to the top, allowing for quicker logging; ask students to RSVP in future weeks to make your life easier
- Some providers will ask students to check themselves in on the providers laptop/device at the front as they walk in
Plans to improve this system
Sections is used in lots of different formats - please share your feedback as a provider on what would make life easier! A big next step for us is "student self check-in", giving you a QR code they can scan to check themselves in.
Email email@example.com with feedback, including complaints about the current system.